How To Wear A Claddagh Ring For Purity
A Claddagh ring is an elegant ring that has a lot of importance in Irish tradition. Designed with two hands, a heart and a crown, you can find out a person’s relationship status just by looking at the way the ring has been worn. Sometimes, a person may wear it as a purity ring, to show his or her commitment to stay pure and chaste until marriage. Mostly, the hand is the first part of body that comes in contact with others. So, a claddagh ring can be worn for purity, so that whenever the wearer feels inclined towards a sexual activity, the ring interferes and reminds him or her of the promise he or she made to himself. So, here at OneHowTo.com, we will tell you how to wear a Claddagh ring for purity.
Wearing a claddagh ring before marriage
· If you are unmarried, you should wear your claddagh ring on your right hand’s ring finger. When you wear it on your ring finger, it signifies that you are interested in being romantically engaged, but you have not yet met the right person.
· If the heart faces out, it signifies that you are single. The heart should be towards your finger’s end, and the crown should be inwards. This shows that you are open to be in a relationship, and you are ready to give your heart to the right person. This is the way you wear it for purity, to show to the world that you have chosen to be pure until you find your perfect partner.
· If the heart faces in, it signifies that you have found someone and dating him. If you have made a commitment, you can turn the ring around, so that the heart points to the center of your hand. This signifies that you are close, and your heart has already been sold out. However, you cannot wear it on your left hand until you get married.
Wearing a Claddagh ring after engagement
· The engagement ring is worn on your right hand’s ring finger. It is a traditional symbol of being engaged or married in numerous cultures, including the Irish one. When you wear a Claddagh ring on your left hand’s ring finger, it symbolizes that you have found the person whom you are going to spend your life with.
· The heart facing out shows that you are engaged and committed, but have not yet tied the knot.
· When you get married, turn it around with the heart facing towards your hand. Irish people wear this ring as a wedding ring to show their marital status. When you wear the ring on your left hand ring finger with the heart faces towards your body, it signifies that you have given your heart to someone, and you are in a permanent relationship. Th Irish wedding ceremony includes the custom of reversing the ring.
Wearing a claddagh ring for other reasons
Some Irish people wear this ring to display their heritage. If you do not intend to show your relationship status with this ring, you can wear it either way, in either hand, whichever is most comfortable for you. Some people may also wear a Claddagh on a necklace or a bracelet. Some may also keep it in their pocket in the form of a charm.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Wear A Claddagh Ring For Purity, we recommend you visit our Sentimental relationships category.