What are the Benefits of Kegel Exercises
Kegels are exercises that you can do to strengthen the muscles of your pelvic floor. Making these muscles stronger has many benefits, both for men and for women. Having a weak pelvic floor can lead to serious issues such as incontinence, so it's important to keep them in shape. The good thing about kegel exercises is that you can do them anywhere anytime. Regardless if you're a man or a woman, Kegel exercises are great for your pelvic floor. Read this OneHowTo article if you want to find out what the benefits of Kegel exercises are.
Prevention of stress incontinence.
As a woman, doing Kegel exercises will benefit you in many ways. Kegel exercises will help you prevent leaking urine when you're laughing, coughing, jogging or doing a physical effort, such as lifting something heavy.
Having easier pregnancy and birth.
Kegel exercises are great for pregnant women as they are perfect for having more bladder control thus preventing incontinence, as well as preventing haemorrhoids. Also, stronger pelvic floor muscles can help you control the muscles during labour, making the moment of giving birth a bit easier.
But Kegel exercises for pregnant women not only work during pregnancy and labour, after giving birth they're great to heal the perineal area and regain bladder control.
Have better orgasms.
The muscles you strengthen when you're doing Kegel exercises are the ones that contract during orgasm. Toning these muscles enhances the sensations felt during orgasms as well as helping women reach climax more easily.
Prevent organ's prolapse.
If the pelvic muscles are too weak the vagina and uterus in women can go down, which can lead to health problems. This happens more specifically to post-menopausal women, or women who have just given birth or lack sexual activity.
Specific benefits for men.
Kegel exercises are thought to be more useful for women, but the truth is that men can also benefit from Kegel exercises. Kegel exercises can help men in:
- Delaying ejaculation. Kegel exercises are great to prevent premature ejaculation.
- Improving erection strength and size. Kegel exercises pump more blood to the penis, which improves the size of the penis during erection as well as helping you keep the erection for longer.
- Improve the force of ejaculation. Some men that practice Kegel exercises agree in saying that these help them ejaculate further away with more strength.
- Have better orgasms. Because the muscles in your pelvic area are stronger, Kegels help have more powerful orgasms.
- Preventing incontinence and leaks. The muscles you use during Kegel exercises are the same you use when holding urine, so strengthening these helps prevent leaks.
If you want to read similar articles to What are the Benefits of Kegel Exercises, we recommend you visit our Sentimental relationships category.