What does semen taste like?

By Mary Smith. Updated: January 20, 2017
What does semen taste like?

Many women feel an enormous distaste at the thought of tasting and swallowing semen of their partner, considering it to be unpleasant or disgusting. But the truth is that it doesn't always have the same taste, and that its flavour depends on several factors related to your partner's lifestyle. Have you asked yourself many times what does semen taste like? At we'll answer your question, so read on.

You may also be interested in: What are the Benefits of Semen for Women
Steps to follow:

Semen has a very particular smell that makes it easy to identify, but its taste will depend on many factors.

In the first place, it's good to know that, contrary to popular belief, semen isn't composed only of sperm. Only 1% of it is actually made up of sperm, the remaining 99% is made up of sugar, water, vitamin C , citric acid, proteins, enzymes, and minerals such as zinc, phosphate and bicarbonate.


What does all this mean? The taste of cum is directly related to the food that a man eats as well as his lifestyle. What a man eats and his habits like smoking, drinking or taking drugs, determine the taste of cum, sometimes making it taste sweet, while other times it's sour, bitter, intense or mild


If your man leads a healthy lifestyle, eats fresh fruits and vegetables, especially green salads, his semen will have a very mild flavour and won't be intense or unpleasant.


Men who have unhealthy habits like smoking, drinking alcohol or smoking marijuana frequently, have semen with a bitter taste due to substances like nicotine.


Men who have a diet high in carbohydrates, which are subsequently converted into sugar by the body, usually have sweet-tasting cum. If a man frequently consumes foods such as bread, potatoes, rice, sweets and sugary drinks, he'll probably have a sweet taste.


Men who eat lots of vegetables like greens, spinach, chard and asparagus, and thus consume many vitamins and minerals, usually have semen that's slightly acidic tasting.


What does semen taste like? What a man eats. Fortunately, if your partner loves giving you oral sex but doesn't like the taste of your semen, it can be easily changed and improved.

And if you think that only men have fluids with a taste, you should know that the taste of women's vaginal secretions can also be altered depending on the food she eats.

If you want to read similar articles to What does semen taste like?, we recommend you visit our Sentimental relationships category.

Write a comment

What did you think of this article?
1 comment
Honestly if you don't like the taste of it don't let him cum in your mouth at all. Tell him to cum somewhere else. I find it disrespectful when girls ruin the end of oral sex by masturbating the penis of their boyfriend, husband or guy their sleeping with only to act like the thing that came out of his penis and went in your mouth was a turn off
What does semen taste like?
What does semen taste like?

Back to top