How to kiss for the first time
Learning to kiss for the first time can be very nerve-racking. How long should you kiss for? What do you do with your tongue? How do you initiate a kiss? There are many questions you may be asking yourself if you want to have your first kiss. However, remember that being a good kisser isn't all about technique, you just have to let yourself go and enjoy the pleasure of kissing.
At OneHowTo we want to clear up any doubts you have by giving you some tips to help you learn how to kiss for the first time. You can't go wrong!
In order to learn to kiss the most important thing is to do it with the right person; that is to say, somebody you feel comfortable with who you can experiment with, in practising and discovering the world of kissing. Only in this way can you enjoy the full experience and improve gradually. Don't stress about not knowing how to kiss, it is more important to want to do it and pick the person who is right for you.
The first tip for kissing is to moisten your lips; think of how unpleasant dry lips can feel and they can crack if you move them too much. So hydrate your lips. Apply lip balm half hour beforehand and you will have soft lips ready for kissing. Or, learn how to moisturize your lips without chapstick.
Before kissing you should approach your guy or girl and tilt your head when you go in to kiss them. It is important to tilt your head just slightly to avoid bumping your noses and hurting each other. With you head bent to the side, you can reach their lips more easily and kiss more comfortably. If you are going to kiss a person who wears glasses, read our tutorial.
To have a good kiss, part your lips a little when they touch theirs. You can just touch lips or, if you want a deeper kiss, gradually introduce your tongue into your partner's mouth. You should keep this first wet contact slow and check their reaction. If they don't respond, stop using your tongue and try it again later, it could be just that they were unprepared for it.
At OneHowTo we give you some tips for you to learn how to give wet kisses so that you and your boy/girl can both enjoy the experience.
How long you should kiss for depends on your personal preference. For some couples, 30 seconds is enough while others love kissing so much they can go for minutes. The trick is to enjoy the experience and when you're tired, pull away. Remember you can delve back into kissing as much as you want.
Another important factor for kissing well is to use different techniques during the kiss, that is to say, keep trying new things and vary both the pace and movement. For example, you can change the pressure of your kiss during it. Start softly and gradually press with more or less force and you will intensify the kiss and stop it from getting boring.
Your kissing speed is also important because you can start off slow and gentle then increase the pace and turn it into a more passionate kiss. Warning: don't go too fast because you could hurt your partner. It's better to alternate between rhythms without going too slow or too fast.
Play with your tongue: if you have already dared to use your tongue, it is important to know also how to use your tongue when kissing. You must keep it moving to tease and pleasure your partner. Don't leave it there motionless. It's best to move it slowly to tease them.
It is important to remember what you should avoid doing if you want to have a great first Kiss:
- Swallowing: swallow before and after each kiss and if you notice your saliva building up a lot during the kiss, stop it and start again after swallowing.
- Breathe through your nose: when you kiss, breathe in through your nose as your mouth is busy with other sweeter things.
- Play with their bottom lip: moving it gently is a great way to enjoy a perfect kiss.
- Beware of teeth: clashing teeth can sometimes happen when kissing, but you can avoid it if the pressure is less intense. Even if you do touch teeth, don't let it get you down, it happens to many of us.
Besides these techniques for kissing for the first time, it is also important that you take care of the little details for your kiss: i.e. the place you are, smells, and so on. Here we give a list of factors to help you have the perfect kiss:
- Find a quiet place: a quiet park or the cinema are ideal for having a relaxing kiss, you are alone and have enough privacy as this moment requires.
- Dim the lights: lighting is also important, so if your first kiss is inside, you can adjust the lights and light some candles for a more romantic touch.
- Fresh breath: before kissing you make sure your breath smells good, so chew some mint gum, brush your teeth or use a mouth spray. At OneHowTo we show you how to avoid bad breath so you can prepare for the big moment.
If you want to read similar articles to How to kiss for the first time, we recommend you visit our Sentimental relationships category.