How To Help A Man Maintain An Erection
Many times men, both young and old, have problems maintaining an erection in their relationships. Many men are embarrassed when this occurs, however, it is more common than many think. There are different degrees of erectile dysfunction, some are due to physiological problems and others occur because of psychological problems. However, there are common features in erection problems. The main issue is when their partners begin to believe that the fault is theirs, when in reality this is not the case. If your partner is experiencing erectile dysfunction problems, in this oneHOWTO article we will discuss how to help a man maintain an erection.
Characteristics of impotency
Male sexual impotence or erectile dysfunction is a problem men suffer when they fail to maintain a full erection persistently. The problems may occur for long periods of time or gradually, this is to say:
- It may be hard to maintain an erection during the entire sexual endeavour.
- They experience impotence or triggering just before intercourse.
- They never achieve an erection.
- Erection problems at an early age.
Depending on the age of the man, the reason why he is experiencing deficiencies in maintaining an erection will be due to a cause or another. Among young men, it is often due to psychological factors, either due to the size of the penis, past experiences, depression, undervaluation or other reasons, but can be summarized as: fear of sexually disappointing the couple.
Adult erection problems
Among adult men,it can be as a result of psychological problems or physiological factors, such as diseases such as diabetes, obesity or blood circulation problems.
Does a man suffering from impotence feel pleasure?
Yes and no. If we understand pleasure as something physical, it is possible that a man with erectile dysfunction can ejaculate without having to maintain a complete erection. With gland stimulation, even when the penis is not fully erect, a man can still feel pleasure.
However, if we understand pleasure as something psychological, here things may gets complicated. Since the man is not able to maintain an erection, they can often feel ‘‘unmanly’’ or insecure. This could prevent full enjoyment on both a psychological and emotional level, despite managing to ejaculate.
How to provoke and maintain a man’s erection
If you find yourself with a man who is experiencing these problems, naturally, you might concern yourself with how to provoke and maintain their erection. This is often not not so much because you fear for your own personal enjoyment, but because you care about the pleasure and self-esteem of your partner. Follow these tips if you want to know more about how to handle a man who is impotent:
Erectile dysfunction of physiological cause
If the problem is physiological, that is, if a man cannot maintain an erection due to illness, it is best to go to the doctor or specialist and treat the problem accordingly. Sometimes treating this problem with medication is enough to solve the problem; other times, however, a doctor might recommend the use of Viagra in order to achieve full erection.
Erectile dysfunction, psychological
If the problem is psychological, then you can help your partner combat sexual insecurity with these following tips;
- Speak openly: be understanding or sympathetic with him from the beginning, so that he feels comfortable talking to you; the important thing is that you he doesn’t feel judged. Often, men may be afraid that the relationship will deteriorate or that you will be unfaithful because of his erection problem.
- Discover what he likes: he may be afraid or embarrassed to confess his erotic fantasies, but, these can be key in helping him maintain your erection.
- Find out if you went through any traumatic experience: this does not have to be directly related to sex, but can sometimes be the reason for this problem.
- Encourage him to seek psychological help: this may make him feel embarrassment. But it might be the best way for him to deal with this problems. A psychologist will not only deal with his sexual problems, but also his fears and traumas if he has any. Over time he will feel better both in bed and with himself.
- Be patient: solving something like this can take a long time. Do not despair at any time and, if impotence does appear, show him that there are other ways to enjoy please, such as oral sex. Little by little this will help him feel more comfortable and relaxed.
- Give him a lot of love: they say that love heals everything, and in such cases it is very possible that this is true. Giving him constant love will help get rid of his fears of rejection or abandonment he might be worried about.
The key is to help him relax and trust you, to feel safe by your side. If this is the case, his problems maintaining his erection will become less frequent, until, with time, it hopefully disappears and he can finally experience strong and long lasting erections.
How long does a male erection last?
The duration of a normal erection depends on each man, but if you are worried about whether your partner’s is not normal, here is some more information;
- Less than two minutes: if his erection lasts less than two minutes with or without stimulation, then you have problem. It may also be due to psychological or physiological problems. If this is a problem, we recommend placing shame aside and going to the doctor to rule out any pathologies.
- Between 3 and 7 minutes: this is the standard duration, that is, a erection that would be considered normal.
- More than 7 minutes: if an erection lasts more than 7 minutes, congratulations! They have a longer erection than usual.
- More than 4 hours: if an erection lasted more than 4 hours, it is slightly worrying and they should go to the doctor, because it could be dangerous for their health. This can sometimes happen with Viagra, but there are cases where it occurs naturally, which is problematic.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Help A Man Maintain An Erection, we recommend you visit our Sentimental relationships category.